Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Branching out

I decided to branch out today and try something new. Are you ready for this: I went to a new ice cream place- no way, right? Tutto Freddo is so in the past now. I was talking ice cream with another girl one day, and she said there was an ice cream shop like 3 stores up that was WAY better and cheaper too! So today as I was walking to school, I decided it was time for my weekly ice cream. I walked in, and they didn't have Oreo... Uh-oh. But I was not to be deterred. I branched out FURTHER and asked for un cono simple (comparable more or less to a single-scoop cone) of  Tres Leches Cake ice cream. WELL, let me tell you what happened next. The lady got a bowl made of the same stuff cones are made of (I hope that makes sense), proceeded to scoop THREE (count them, THREE) scoops of Tres Leches Cake ice cream into it, AND stuck a small ice cream cone on top. All for a mere 70 cents! (Which is 10 cents cheaper than Tutto Freddo, and you get 3 times as much ice cream). Wow, right?! Wonder of wonders; it was fantastic. 
Alright, well I have class in 5 minutes. Need to prepare myself mentally for 2 hours of class. Just thought I'd share that nice little tale with you. Happy Wednesday.

1 comment:

jodi said...

Hey Ali - you are too funny!! I check in almost every day to see what you've been up to. Sounds like you are enjoying your time in Ecuador. Take care! Jodi